Plum and Berry Crumble
A delicious autumnal dessert
Enjoy an autumn stroll and blackberry picking before heading home and making this comforting plum and blackberry crumble with your harvest…
Prep time: 20 minutes
Making time: 30 - 40 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
For the filling:
500g plums, halved and stones removed
2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
Knob of butter
4 Berry Berry Tea Kite
2 tbsp caster sugar
3 tbsp water
For the crumble:
150g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
250g plain flour
80g soft light brown sugar
80g Demerara sugar
50g rolled oats
50g ground almonds
Pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 180˚c / gas mark 6.
- Place the plums, sugar, butter, Berry Berry Tea Kites and water into a large pan and gently heat on the hob until the plums are soft and have released their juices.
- Remove the Tea Kites and stir in the diced apple before removing from the heat.
- Spoon the mixture and all of the juices into a baking dish and set to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, flour, ground almonds and salt. Add the butter and gently rub into the flour mixture with your fingers to a breadcrumb consistency. Gently stir in the sugar.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the fruit and bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes, until the crumble has turned golden and the fruit is bubbling along the sides.
- Allow to cool slightly for 10 minutes before serving with custard, cream or ice-cream.
We'd love to see photos of you enjoying a moment with Miles and trying out this recipe! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your pictures with the #momentswithMiles. Happy baking! ☕
Share a moment with friends