Affogato al Café Recipe
An Italian iced coffee with ice cream
Originating in Italy, vanilla ice cream makes this iced coffee sweet, thick and creamy. Enjoy instead of a dessert after a meal during the summer.
5 scoops of vanilla Ice Cream (approximate)
30g Miles Cheerfully Colombian Coffee Beans
2 tbsp white sugar
Whipped cream (optional)
- Measure out 30g of coffee beans (for a six cup stove pot) and grind the coffee beans to a medium course grinding size.
- Fill the bottom chamber of the stove pot with cold water and fill the basket with the freshly ground coffee beans. Don’t be tempted to tamp it down, the coffee needs room to expand.
- Screw the top half of the stove pot to the bottom half as tightly as you can without using the handle.
- Place the pot on the stove (If it’s on a gas ring make sure the gas flame don’t lick up the sides of the pot.) over a medium temperature.
- Heat until the coffee starts to rise into the top chamber, it should take around 3-4 minutes. You will hear the coffee bubbling as it fills the chamber and stop once it has finished.
- Take the pot of the heat and leave it to cool to room temperature.
- Take a tall glass and add scoops of vanilla ice cream until it has almost filled the top of the glass – we’ve used five small scoops.
- Pour over 100ml of the coffee and top with whipped cream (optional) – enjoy!
We'd love to see photos of you enjoying a moment with Miles and trying out this recipe! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your pictures with the #MomentswithMiles.
Share a moment with friends