Spiced ChaiPumpkin Latte
Don’t let your pumpkin go to waste this Halloween...
use the flesh to make your own pumpkin puree and make a delicious Spiced Chai Pumpkin Latte
For the Pumpkin Puree:
1 large pumpkin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Peel and seed the pumpkin and cut into small cubes.
- Place the pumpkin cubes in a steamer (or alternatively if you do not have a steamer, place in a colander over a pan of simmering water)
- Test the softness of the pumpkin after 10 minutes, if still hard test again after a further 5 minutes and keep checking them until the pumpkin is nice and soft.
- Once soft, place the pumpkin in a bowl and mash then leave to cool.
For the Spice Chai Latte:
2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
A shot (approximately 30ml) of Miles Italian Espresso Ground Coffee
200ml Full Fat Milk (or you can substitute this for your favourite type of milk)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Put 2 tbsp. of your homemade pumpkin puree into your favourite mug.
- Add a pinch of ground ginger, nutmeg and ground cinnamon and stir all together.
- Add the Miles Italian Espresso shot to the mug and stir.
- Warm the milk in a saucepan over a low heat until it forms a froth, alternatively you can use a Bodum Schiuma Milk Frother.
- Once the milk is warm and lovely and very frothy, pour it into the mug and spoon out any left over froth.
- Dust the top with cinnamon and sprinkle a few marshmallows for extra indulgence.
- Enjoy your Spiced Chai Pumpkin latte with a Miles moment.
Share a moment with friends