Chocolate chip cookies
The perfect accompaniment to your afternoon cup of tea
Bake your own chocolate chip cookies and enjoy them warm from the oven with a cup of Miles tea.
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes chill time
Baking time: 8-10 minutes
150g golden caster sugar
180g plain flour
120g salted butter
75g milk chocolate chips
75g dark chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat in until fully combined.
- Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and chocolate chips and mix together until a soft dough forms.
- Roll the dough into a long sausage shape, around 6cm in diameter.
- Warp the dough in non-stick baking paper and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the over to 180˚c / gas mark 5 and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and unwrap. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 1cm thick rounds.
- Arrange the rounds, spaced out, on the lined baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly firm and golden. Once removed from the oven allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy the cookies with a pot of Miles West Country Original Tea.
Share a moment with friends