Spiced Tea Poached Pears
Sweet, soft pears served with chai syrup and crème fraiche
This dessert is quick and easy to prepare, budget friendly and a crowd pleaser, making it the perfect pudding to serve after an alfresco dinner party.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
1 litre water
100g light brown sugar
1 Cinnamon stick
2 tbsp clear honey
2 tbsp cranberry sauce
6 tsp Miles Rooibos, Baobab and Chai Tea Kites
8 medium pears
Crème fraiche to serve
- In a large saucepan, bring to the boil the water, sugar, honey and cranberry sauce. Stir to melt down all the ingredients and dissolve the sugar.
- While the water is boiling, peel the pears. Leave the stalks at the top and peel from the bottom.
- Once the water has boiled, remove the pan from the heat and add the Rooibos, Baobab and Chai Tea Kites and cinnamon stick, leaving to steep for five minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and cinnamon from the liquid and bring the pan of water to a boil once again.
- Once boiling, add the peeled pears. Reduce the heat, place a lid on the saucepan and allow to simmer for 15 minutes until the pears are just soft.
- Remove the pears from the water and place them in a separate dish, cover them in foil to keep them warm.
- Place the saucepan back on the heat and boil for a third time, until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Serve the pears with the thickened syrup poured over them and a dollop of crème fraiche.
We'd love to see photos of you enjoying a moment with Miles and trying out this recipe! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your pictures with the #MomentswithMiles.
Share a moment with friends