Tacos with a twist
Tuck into these tacos, with melt-in-the-mouth, slow cooked beef…
Pulled beef, served in crispy tortilla taco shells and topped with soured cream and coriander… This is a simple midweek meal that the whole family will look forward to. The coffee in the recipe adds a sweet, rich flavour that perfectly complements the chilly beef. If you want to mix it up, top your tacos with avocado, tomatoes and sweet corn and add a little barbecue sauce to the recipe.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: slow cook for up to 10 hours
Serves: 8 - 10
For the meat:
800g boneless beef roasting joint
1 small, white onion
400g tin chopped tomatoes
200ml beef stock
200ml Miles Ground Italian Espresso, made in a cafetiere
2 red chillies, diced and de-seeded
2 cloves garlic
3 tsp chilli powder
3 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp salt
Pinch of pepper
To assemble the tacos:
20 taco shells
1 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
Handful of cherry tomatoes
1 green pepper
Small red onion
Small bunch coriander, to garnish
- Thinly slice the white onion and layer half on the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place the beef on top of the onions.
- Pour the tinned tomatoes, beef stock and coffee over the beef.
- Add the chillies (keeping some back to garnish), garlic, chilli powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Spread the remaining onions over the top of the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-10 hours, until the beef is tender.
- Transfer the beef to a deep bowl and shred the meat with two forks.
- Remove the onions form the now thickened sauce. Pour the sauce over the shredded beef.
- Finely dice the green pepper, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Roughly chop the coriander.
- Fill the taco shells with the shredded lettuce, followed by the beef, topping with the chopped pepper, tomato and onion. Spoon over the soured cream.
- Serve with a sprinkle of coriander and the remaining chopped chillies.
We'd love to see photos of you enjoying a moment with Miles and trying out this recipe! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your pictures with the #momentswithMiles. Happy cooking!
Share a moment with friends