Green tea and cranberry muffins
Sweet, aromatic and fruity, these muffins are a delicious breakfast treat…
Muffins make a great breakfast treat for a leisurely brunch or quick breakfast to grab on the go. These fruity muffins are light and sweet, delicious with or without icing.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
2 Miles Green Tea teabags
125g unsalted butter
65g light brow sugar
2 tbsp honey
2 large eggs
180g self raising four
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
Zest of one small orange
50g dried cranberries
Pinch of salt
125g icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚c / gas mark 4 and line a standard size muffin tray (12 holes) with paper muffin cases.
- Add the green tea to a mug and cover with freshly boiled water, stir and allow to steep for 4 minutes. Remove the teabags.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat. Add the brown sugar and honey, stirring to combine. Once the sugar has melted into the butter, set the mixture to one side to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the flour and stir together.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixture a little at a time, stirring between each addition. Stir in the vanilla and the orange zest.
- Pour half of the tea into a second mug and stir in the baking powder. Add to the cake batter with the cranberries, leaving a couple of handfuls of cranberries to one side.
- Portion the cake batter into the muffin cases, filling to just over half full.
- Bake the muffins for around 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly, then transfer each muffin to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you wish to ice the muffins, add the icing sugar to a small bowl and mix with some of the remaining tea. Add the 1tsp at a time until you have a thick but pourable icing.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled muffins and sprinkle with the cranberries you kept back. Enjoy with a cup of Miles tea for a delicious breakfast.
We'd love to see photos of you enjoying a moment with Miles and trying out this recipe! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your pictures with the #MomentswithMiles. Happy baking!
Share a moment with friends