Autumn Spiced Tea
Keep cosy on a chilly autumn day
This spiced tea will warm you up on a cold autumn day and leaving you starting to feel suitably festive as we start to approach the Christmas period.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Making time: 10 minutes
2 tsp whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 whole star anise
6 Miles West Country Original tea bags
100g white caster sugar
1½ litres water
200ml orange juice
Juice of two lemons
- Wrap the cloves, cinnamon stick and star anise in cheesecloth, tying it with string securely.
- Fill a large saucepan with the water and place the spices in the water, bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, remove it from the heat and add the tea bags to the saucepan. Leave to steep for 3-5 minutes – do not over steep as the flavours of the tea will turn bitter.
- In a small saucepan add the sugar, lemon juice and orange juice and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Go back to the large saucepan, remove the spices and tea bags and discard.
- Stir the juice into the tea and serve in teacups or mugs immediately, while it is still hot.\
We'd love to see photos of you enjoying a moment with Miles! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your pictures with the #MomentswithMiles.
Share a moment with friends