Coffee Flapjack bites
Perfect for on-the-go snacking…
These flapjack bites are a great accompaniment to your mid morning coffee. Slightly chewy, super sweet and with a hint of rich, flavourful coffee, these delicious flapjack bites are hard to beat!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
180g unsalted butter
180g dark brown sugar
180g golden syrup
100ml Miles Ground Italian Espresso, made up in a cafetiere
375g rolled porridge oats
80g plain flour
100g chocolate chips
- Line an 8 x 12inch, rectangular cake tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 190˚c/gas mark 5.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over a low heat. Add the sugar, syrup and coffee and stir, with a wooden spoon, until all of the ingredients have melted together and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats, plain flour and chocolate chips until combined. Make sure the chocolate chips are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin, pressing it into the edges and corners, squashing it down. Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, leave the flapjack to cool slightly in the tin. Then turn it out on to a chopping board and cut it into 20 pieces.
We'd love to see photos of you enjoying a moment with Miles and trying out this recipe! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your pictures with the #momentswithMiles. Happy baking!
Share a moment with friends