Mocha Panna Cotta Recipe
Always a popular pudding choice, impress guests by serving up this set Italian dessert…
These panna cottas make for the perfect summer party dessert. Sweet, creamy and delicious they can be made in advance of your guests arrival leaving you to enjoy yourself before you indulge in your dessert. Why not enjoy them after a barbecue (check out our coffee barbecue sauce recipe) or chilli-con-carne?
Prep time: 2 - 3 hours (including setting time)
Cooking time: 10 - 20 minutes
300ml full fat milk
300ml double cream
4 tbsp Miles Continental Ground Coffee, made in a cafetiere
2 tbsp Miles Heavenly Hot Chocolate powder
30g caster sugar
3 sheets of gelatine
- Pour the milk and cream into a large saucepan and gently heat.
- Add the sugar, hot chocolate powder and coffee. Stirring well, bring the liquid almost to a boil before turning off the heat.
- Soften the gelatine by placing the sheets in a small bowl of cold water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheets from the water, squeezing out any excess water, and drop them into the warm milk, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Strain the milk mixture through a sieve into a jug, before pouring evenly into the individual moulds.
- Allow the liquid to cool to room temperature before placing the moulds into the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- When the panna cotta has set and you are ready to serve the dessert, fill a deep bowl with boiling water. Dip each mould into the water (without the water going over the top of the mould), so that the sides loosen away from the mould. Then turn the dessert out onto a plate. The Panna Cotta will melt very quickly so do this as fast as possible.
- Serve your Panna Cotta with fresh berries. Yum.
We'd love to see photos of you enjoying a moment with Miles and trying out this recipe! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your pictures with the #momentswithMiles. Happy cooking! ☕
Share a moment with friends