Coffee Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Smother your meats in this rich and tangy sauce for a summer barbecue feast
The coffee beans in Miles Continental Ground Coffee are roasted as long as we dare, resulting in a dark chocolate intensity – the perfect addition to enhance the rich, smokey flavour of a barbecue sauce. This recipe is quick and simple and the sauce can be covered and chilled for a week, so you can make it in advance.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 12 servings (two tablespoons per serving)
120ml Miles Ground Continental Coffee, made in a cafetiere
100g dark brown sugar
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 chilli, chopped
1 tsp English mustard
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1½ tsp black pepper
1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Make the coffee in a cafetiere, using 1 tbsp Miles Continental Ground Coffee and 120ml boiling water.
- Add together the ketchup, brown sugar, onion, garlic, chilli, mustard, cumin and chilli powder in a small saucepan.
- Pour in the coffee, combine well and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the black pepper, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Puree the mixture in a blender.
- Brush over your meat, as a marinade, before cooking (the sauce works really well on pork, chicken and beef), and serve a little extra sauce alongside for dipping.
We'd love to see photos of you enjoying a moment with Miles and trying out this recipe! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share your pictures with the #momentswithMiles. Happy cooking!
Share a moment with friends